2016 YEAR BOOK 二零一六年德明校刊
THE SCHOOL ALUMNI 校友会
The Youth Alumni has been actively involving in contributing to our Alma mater, the wider Dunmanian Community and society-at-large via the following initiatives:
Youth Alumni Annual “Pizza Party” & Introductory Session
• Every December, the Youth Alumni hosts a “Pizza Party” to thank all volunteers and office-bearers who have been helming various initiatives throughout the year. At this session, we also have the latest graduates from DHS join us to learn more about the work of the Youth Alumni and sign themselves up to take the Youth Alumni forward.
• To all who wish to contribute to the Dunmanian Community, please drop your contact with us at www.facebook.com/DHSYA! The Alumni movement continues strong because we all pay it forward!
Youth Alumni Support for DHS Scholarship & Higher Education Committee
• Updating the CSHE Guidebook
- A team of 5 Alumni have been assisting the Committee to update and enhance the existing Scholarship & Higher Education Guidebook to help juniors make better post-A level decisions.
• Creating the CSHE Portal
- Another team of Alumni have been working with the Committee teachers to collate and furnish resources to create DHS’ first-ever SHE portal that we hope will inspire more students to take a pro-active approach to prepare and plan for their post-A level careers.
• CSHE Day – Term 2
- We supported and hosted dialogue sessions between invited external guests and our Yr 4 juniors. This year we had more than 10 alumni supporting this.
• Scholarship Café – Term 2
- Seniors, who had the privilege of being offered Scholarships by public and private sector organizations, came back to share about their thought processes, study and work experiences. This year we had 10 alumni scholarship holders supporting this.
• Public Policy Workshop – Term 2
- This is a new initiative aimed at exposing interested students in a career with the Public Service. This year we had 4 alumni public servants supporting this.
• Senior High YA Sharing – Term 3
- Seniors from all walks of life returned to share how they navigated their post A-levels life including choices relating to internships, NS, University and career. This year we had more than 25 alumni supporting this event.
• University World Café – Term 3
- Seniors who are studying at or have graduated from Universities all over the world came back to share their study, living and internship experiences abroad, so as to help juniors make more informed choices in time to come.
- This year, we had alumni who have spent time in Singapore, China, England, Finland, Ireland, Scotland, Thailand & the United States joining us.
Youth Alumni Overseas Service Learning Trip to Cambodia (Team DAISY)
• The YA’s very own service learning project has been serving the same Cambodian rural community for the last 6 years. In the process of doing so, we have brought about better water storage, power systems and educational resources to the needy.
• Team DAISY’s next trip will be in December 2017.
Youth Alumni UK & China Branches
• Numerous meet-ups, social gatherings, festivals all year round, as well as meet-ups with visiting DHS teachers and students.